Garmin StreetPilot C340 In-Car GPS Navigation, Model 0100040120
Beat the Traffic Before it Beats You
The StreetPilot c340 provides in-car navigation that is simple for anyone to use directly out of the box. After selecting a destination from the user-friendly touch screen interface, Garmin’s text-to-speech feature tells users the name of the street, when to turn, and in what direction. If you miss your turn, the c340 automatically calculates a new route to the destination.
Monitor traffic tie-ups with the addition of an optional FM TMC traffic receiver. By adding traffic services and a receiver to your c340, it notifies you of accidents, road construction, and weather-related traffic delays before they are encountered, and then offers an alternate route. Simply touch the screen icon to calculate a new route.
The StreetPilot c340 comes preprogrammed with highly detailed City Navigator® NT street data of the entire United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. The database features nearly six million points of interest—including hotels, restaurants, gas stations, ATMs, and attractions.
As an added benefit, you can now import customized points of interest with the help of Garmin's free POI Loader software. The possibilities are endless — upload safety cameras or school zones, and you will receive a warning if you are traveling too fast. In addition, an optional proximity-alert feature notifies you of upcoming custom POIs.
The StreetPilot c340 joins Garmin’s growing line of automotive GPS navigators. It has a bright, 3.5-inch diagonal, TFT display with touchscreen; dual integrated speakers for high-quality voice prompts; and an internal lithium-ion battery for out-of-car route planning.
The StreetPilot c-series boasts distinctive and sleek styling—the units’ only buttons are a rotary volume knob and an on/off switch. The device is secured by a suction-mount cradle that fastens to the windshield, for easy portability between vehicles. Users can customize their unit’s appearance with an array of colored faceplates (sold separately).
* Receiver: WAAS-enabled 12 parallel channel GPS
* Display: 2.8” W x 2.1” H (3.5” diag.), 320 x 240 pixels; QVGA transflective TFT with 16-bit color; 64K colors; bright white LED backlight and touch screen
* Unit dimensions: 4.4” W x 3.2” H x 2.8” D
* Weight: 9.45 ounces
* Battery life: up to 8 hours; rechargeable lithium-ion battery
* Supports FM TMC traffic alerting
* Voice announces streets by name
* Preloaded maps for all of North America or Europe
* Fingertip touchscreen interface
* Look up addresses and points of interest
* Choose 2D or 3D map perspective
* Upload custom POIs, including alerts for speed zones and safety cams
* SD memory card expansion slot
* StreetPilot c340
* Preloaded City Navigator® NT North America or Europe (full coverage)
* SD memory card slot